HOW DOES IT WORKS?
Mourning is a difficult process and the hope created by the tree that is beginning to grow symbolizes life that continues.
To start growing the tree, remove the germination kit from the urn. the kit contains:
- a biodegradable container made of sphagnum peat moss pulp
- a peat pellet
- a fertiliser stick
- Seeds (when sold with the urn)
Place the fertiliser stick at the bottom of the urn (on top of the biodegradable bag containing the ashes). replace the white dome on top of the urn. During the growth of the tree, place the urn containing the ashes in a dry place (at home or at a funeral home, but remember that this is a biodegradable product and it must not touch water).
- Soak the chosen seeds in a glass of warm water for 24 hours to help germination.
- Then, let the peat pellet swell in a glass of warm water. Keep it totally under water for 5 minutes.
- Plant the peat pellet in the brown biodegradable container made of sphagnum peat moss pulp.
- Plant the seeds in the peat pellet at a depth of 3 to 4 times the size of the seed.
Place the container in a dark place and water regularly in order to keep the soil moist. about one month after the first shoots appear, choose the strongest one and gently remove the others. ideally, let the tree grow for a minimum of 3 months.
When the season and the weather permit outside transplanting (according to your region), put the container with the small tree in the urn’s cavity. We suggest to add compost in the inside part of the urn before planting the tree.
When time comes to plant outside, dig a large enough hole and add compost. Place the urn in such a way that half of the white clay part remains above the ground in order to create a marker for the tree and a tribute to the loved one. Water thoroughly and abundantly. Like human beings, your tree will need to be looked after, watered and loved to grow!